- STIMA Boda was created in 2020 with the aim to solve the last bottlenecks to the mass adoption of electric mobility in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- We position ourselves as a tech and infrastructure company providing e-motorcycles and battery swapping services to the most intensive two-wheelers in the sub-region: moto-taxi and delivery riders (15 million riders in SSA spending 1000$/y in fuel).
- Riders access high performance motorcycles through lease to own contracts with partners and instant recharge services by swapping their battery in our network of stations in cities. Doing so, they save the equivalent of 3 months of net income/year in energy and maintenance, increasing drastically their disposable resources.
- Our main added-value for the market:
- Designing a battery as a service business model making robust and high-performance e-motorcycles affordable for low income riders
- Solving the autonomy range constraints of e-motorcycles with the design of smart & scalable battery swapping infrastructure with high economic performance, financed on the model of the solar industry
- Building a technology licenseable IP suite to support the growth of e-mobility at large scale in Africa with operating partners (battery fleet management software, station monitoring back-end, rider app, vehicles and batteries hardware)
STIMA is a French registered company with operations in Kenya, laureate of Europe H2020 Research and Innovation Program